- Version 1
- Download 101
- File Size 599 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date April 12, 2023
- Last Updated April 12, 2023
Joadre Releases New Documentary - Voices Uprising,
Debating Economic Legacies And Police Brutality That Plagues Nigeria.
Nigeria turned 60 years 1st of October 2020, but a few days later, a young man was brutally murdered by the Special Anti Robbery Squad, SARS, igniting a 17-day-long mass protest tagged #EndSARS.
Studded with profound and diverse protagonists, the film Voices Uprising carries the audience from 1956 through Nigeria's historical economic journey to the 20th of October 2020, when men wearing military uniforms shot at endSARS protesters.
"Your nation cannot be greater than your consciousness. Nigeria is the level of consciousness of the Nigerian people". Seun Kuti.
The documentary Voices Uprising features Seun Kuti, Nigeria's renowned Afrobeat musician and activist, whose approach to the topic forces the audience to observe issues again critically.
What you should know
- Nigeria is the largest black nation in the world, with over 210 million people and is wealthy in abundant resources. Still, millions suffer a brutal socio-economic status quo and oppression.
- #EndSARS, a decentralized social movement and series of mass protests against police brutality in Nigeria, is a backdrop for the documentary Voices Uprising.
- During the protest, 48 casualties were documented, and about 96 corpses labelled EndSARS remained unidentified.
- Celebrity support, solidarity protests and demonstrations by Nigerians in Diaspora and sympathizers occurred in many major cities worldwide during the #EndSARS mass protest.
The film Voices Uprising, produced and directed by Joana Adesuwa Reiterer, attempts to push the conversation to debate complex issues that plague Nigeria and present possible solutions to overcome them.
Click to watch the trailer > TRAILER.
Where to watch now: Rent for 3.99$ on Vimeo - https://vimeo.com/ondemand/voicesuprising OR watch for FREE on the Joadre app - https://tribe.joadre.com. *More options may be available in the future.
About the filmmaker - Joana Adesuwa Reiterer:
Joana Adesuwa Reiterer is a Nigerian-born Austrian creative entrepreneur & filmmaker passionate about empowering SMEs.
She founded Joadre, a media & education platform serving thousands of African readers and the Diaspora.
Joana has received several awards and nominations for her work as a human rights activist.
- Running time: 54 minutes, 38″
- Languages spoke: English, Yoruba, Pidgin English, German
- Subtitle: English.
- Production company: Joadre. Rodo Studios Ltd
For more information, visit https://voicesuprising.com
Contact the Joadre team for interviews, still images, collaborations, re-publishing press releases and screening enquiries: email@example.com
*Feel free to download and share! Thank you.